The time has come once again for Project Gforum to continue its yearly community game streaming program, Gforum Streams. However, there are more than a couple key differences in this year's incarnation that I want to point out.
- Gforum Streams 2012 will begin on October 3, 2012.
- Gforum Streams will have three streamers every week, each streaming for an hour on a different day. The times I have in mind are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. If you want to join the program, please reply as such! I'm looking for anyone to fill up the remaining days. If you think you can't stream reliably every week, that's OK, we might need some fill-ins too!
- Twitch.tv has been chosen as the only accepted format of Gforum Streams this year. In addition, all streams will be through the main ProjectGforum Twitch.tv account. Twitch allows me to email access codes for the channel to anyone I choose, which I will do on days that people other than me stream.
- The chat sidebar on Project Gforum itself will be the only supported method of interaction with the streamers. I know Twitch and all the others have their own chat boxes, but I want to keep all the activity on this site. Aside from that, we're all familiar with our chat box and it has our smilies. Unlike our old box, there is no 60 message/hour limit, so go nuts.
- There will be contests happening throughout the streams (like two years ago), but that's all I can promise at this point. No details have been nailed down yet.
- This is just an addendum, but Twitch recommends Xsplit, Wirecast, and Flash Media Encoder. I will walk you through the process of streaming if you need me to.
We have a couple weeks to iron out any kinks, and I'm eager for feedback on all this. This year is by far the most ambitious Gforum Streams has ever been, and I think we can finally capitalize on its potential.